To send an email to a committee member just add devonorienteering.co.uk after the @ symbol.
Chairman -and with thanks to Rich Knights for permission to use his Dartmoor (Fox Tor) photograph as the header for the website.
- Act as an ambassador for the club.
- Call meetings when appropriate, in conjunction with the Club Secretary
- Help secure the strategic direction of the club, informed by the club development plan.
- Identify and support key committee roles.
- Ensure that committee members are aware of their roles and responsibilities.
- Chair committee meetings.
- Act as a mediator as necessary.
- Motivate and enthuse members of the committee in carrying out their roles.
Publicity Role: (This role is now carried out by another committee member)
- Promote a positive image of Devon Orienteering Club to current and potential club members.
- Help attract new members to the club.