Devon Club Championships
Sun 24th Sep 2017
Info updated: 24th Oct
Type of event: Local-(D)
Type of terrain: Parkland
Pre Event Information
Many thanks to Robin, James, Helen and Roger for today's event. Congratulations to Tom Lillicrap, Devon Club Champion 2017!
The Annual Club Championships take the form of a one hour score event, using handicaps based on the standard BOF age and sex related formula.
Tea, coffee and juice will be available and for the Club AGM which follows this event at 1.30pm.
You may want to bring your own picnic or snacks and drink.
You can also buy pasties and light refreshments at the on site Coach House cafe.
Please bring a mug for drinks and a folding chair to sit on!
Nearest town: Escot Park
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: EX11 1LU
- Latitude: 50.77431
- Longitude: -3.30492
- Google Map (aerial) - Bing Map (OS)
Directions / Parking
The event takes place at Escot Park EX11 1LU
Registration & Start Times
Registration from 10.00am - 10.45am.
Punching start from 11.00am to 11.15am.
Courses close at 12.30pm.
1 hour score event
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Helen Taylor
Planner: Robin Carter
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event. If you wish to report any safeguarding concerns to our national governing organisation, British Orienteering, please email .
Photography: Devon OC has an agreed policy on the taking of photographs at events, based on national guidance. This provides a sensible balance between the benefits and risks associated with the taking and use of images. If you are unsure about acceptable practice, please speak to the event organiser.
Read our photography policy.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.
Click the image for a larger version.