East of Exe Schools League (Escot Park)
Escot Park near Ottery St Mary
Sat 25 Apr 2015
Info updated: 06th May
Type of event: Schools, Other
Type of terrain: Parkland
The results and associated split times for this event can be found below. The revised results now include schools' names.
Abbreviations used in the results for schools' names:
CGS: Colyton Grammar School - Secondary
KINGS: Kings, Ottery - Secondary
SID: Sidmouth College - Secondary
LADYS: Ladysmith, Exeter - Primary
KILM: Kilmington Primary
OTT: Ottey St Mary Primary
DUNB: Dunbury Primary, Dorset
TIPT: Tipton St John Primary
FEN: Fention Primary
STOKEC: Stoke Canon Primary
MAYN: Maynards, Exeter
STOCK: Stockland Primary
WHIM: Whimple Primary
WSTH: West Hill Primary
Pre Event Information
This is an East of Exe Schools League and Family event.
You can have fun as a family, with someone else or on your own. ALL Juniors earn points for their School in the League.
Nearest town: Ottery St Mary
- Grid Ref: SY080977
- Latitude: 50.75261
- Longitude: -3.28037
- Google Map (aerial) - Bing Map (OS)
Directions / Parking
At Escot Park, near Ottery St Mary, EX11 1LU.
Grid Reference: SY 080977
Registration & Start Times
Registration and Starts from 12.30pm -3.00pm. (Last start 3.00pm)
There 5 courses to choose from: “String” for younger ones, White, Yellow, Orange and Light Green
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Cost: Seniors £5, Juniors (under 21) £2, Family £2
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Jonty Eaton-Hart
Controller: John Pearce
Organising: Tess Stone 01297 553421
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event. If you wish to report any safeguarding concerns to our national governing organisation, British Orienteering, please email .
Photography: Devon OC has an agreed policy on the taking of photographs at events, based on national guidance. This provides a sensible balance between the benefits and risks associated with the taking and use of images. If you are unsure about acceptable practice, please speak to the event organiser.
Read our photography policy.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.
Click the image for a larger version.