Exmouth Street O
Wed 06th Jun 2018
Info updated: 07th Jun
Type of event: Urban
Type of terrain: Urban
What a glorious evening for our Street Orienteering in Exmouth. The sun shone brightly over the water and the route along the sea front was rather special.
Rather surprised but pleasantly so to have runners from both Kerno and QO join us and hopefully they enjoyed themselves. The results are given below and well done to all.
1) Jon Croome Devon 250 pts in 55.45 mins
2) Rob Parkinson Devon 250 pts in 56.45
3) Ben & Chris Perry Devon 250 pts in 59.40
4) Lorraine Croome Devon 240 pts in 57.50
5) Michelle Spillar Devon 240 pts in 1.00.45
6) Tim Gent Devon 220 pts in 56.30
7) Dawn Williamson Devon 220 pts in 58.20
8) Tom Lillicrap Devon 210 pts in 57.40
9) Oliver Lewis QO 190 pts in 1.01.25
10) Matilda Hatchard Devon 160 pts in 54.50
11) Roger Craddock QO 170 pts in 1.00.10
12) Angus McCubbine Kerno 150 pts in 58.35
13) Madeline Habermehl 110 pts in 54.50
14) Nyona, Harry &
Reehal Court 110 pts in 55.05
15) Helen , Amber and Ivy Devon 70 pts in 1.00.00
Next week we are off to Exeter. Thursday 14thJune at vantage Pt, Pynes Hill Rd, EX2 8FD for a 7 p.m. start . A mixture of industrial estate, fields and housing !! Hope to see many of you there.
Pre Event Information
Wednesday 6th June : Exmouth Meet at London Hotel Car Park, Union Street , Exmouth EX8 1HZ for a 7 p.m. start. Free parking. We will head on afterwards to The Bicton Inn 100 mtrs away. This is an informal street O race, with a 60 minute score format. The event will use simple street maps based on OpenStreetMapping (www.oomap.co.uk) with controls being street furniture such as lamp posts, hydrants, signs etc.
The event is open to all, but under 16s have to run with a parent as we will be sharing the courses with vehicles at times. We have a mass start at 7.00 p.m. with a strict 1 hour limit encouraging people to head on to a local hostelry afterwards for a chance for a race debrief….. or a refreshing drink.
Register from 6.30 pm onwards and bring a pen/pencil plus a watch! £3 entry fee.
Steve Perrelle (coaching@devonorienteering)
Nearest town: Exmouth
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: EX8 1HZ
- Latitude: 50.62272
- Longitude: -3.41429
- Google Map (aerial) - Bing Map (OS)
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event. If you wish to report any safeguarding concerns to our national governing organisation, British Orienteering, please email .
Photography: Devon OC has an agreed policy on the taking of photographs at events, based on national guidance. This provides a sensible balance between the benefits and risks associated with the taking and use of images. If you are unsure about acceptable practice, please speak to the event organiser.
Read our photography policy.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.