Sun 21st Jul 2013
Info updated: 25th Jul
Type of event: Local-(D)
Type of terrain: Parkland
Congratulations to Wessex Raiders for their first place in the Senior Relay, to South Devon Commuters for winning the Junior Relay and to Team Grierson for coming first in the Family Relay.
Pre Event Information
The annual Devon Relays event -fingers crossed for good weather!
The area being used is particularly suitable for the relays.
Nearest town: Killerton
- Grid Ref: SS975002
- Postcode: EX5 3LE
- Latitude: 50.79219
- Longitude: -3.45253
- Google Map (aerial) - Bing Map (OS)
Directions / Parking
On arrival please follow signs to overflow car park, & then enter Killerton
Park through main entrance. N.B. Will all National Trust members please bring your membership cards with you for scanning.
Registration & Start Times
Registration: 10.00 - 10.45
Starts: Allocated start time between 11.00 - 11.30
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Green
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Please use Relays Team Declaration Form (on website) to pre register your team if possible. Post or email form to Matt Atkins, 6 Egham Avenue, Exeter EX2 4RQ.
Senior Race (SWOA series): Teams of 4 to complete 3 courses twice. Junior/Family Relays: Teams of 3 to complete 3 courses once only.
Individuals: Are welcome to run solo courses or we may be able to place you in a team.
Entry Fees: Seniors £6, Juniors £1.50, (e.g. Team of 4 seniors = £24)
Contacts / Officials
Risk Assessor: Jill Green
Planner: Roger Green
Organiser: Matt Atkins 01392 277516
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event. If you wish to report any safeguarding concerns to our national governing organisation, British Orienteering, please email .
Photography: Devon OC has an agreed policy on the taking of photographs at events, based on national guidance. This provides a sensible balance between the benefits and risks associated with the taking and use of images. If you are unsure about acceptable practice, please speak to the event organiser.
Read our photography policy.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.