Knightshayes: Devon League Event 7
Knightshayes (National Trust)
Sun 30th Apr 2017
Info updated: 15th Feb
Type of event: Local-(D)
Type of terrain: Parkland
Pre Event Information
This is the 7th Devon League event of 2016 -17. All ages, all abilities, all welcome. Please note revised date for this event.
Further details: Knightshayes flyer 30.4.17
First Aid at Registration. Toilets in National Trust café nearby.
In bad weather a cagoule and whistle may be required.
Dogs must be under control at all times and must be wormed within 3 months of this event.
Nearest town: Tiverton
- Grid Ref: SS 960151
- Postcode: EX16 7RQ
- Latitude: 50.92614
- Longitude: -3.48142
- Google Map (aerial) - Bing Map (OS)
Directions / Parking
Location: Bolham, Tiverton. Postcode EX16 7RQ
From Bolham follow brown tourist info signs to Knightshayes.
Registration & Start Times
Registration: 10.00am until 12.00pm
Starts: 10.30am until 12.30pm
Courses close: 2.30pm
White, Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Green, Blue and Brown courses.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Entry details: Seniors £8 Families £7 Juniors £3
SI hire: £1
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Matt Atkins
Organiser: Tim Gent 07735541751
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Photography: Devon OC has an agreed policy on the taking of photographs at events, based on national guidance. This provides a sensible balance between the benefits and risks associated with the taking and use of images. If you are unsure about acceptable practice, please speak to the event organiser.
Read our photography policy.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.