Uphams Plantation, Woodbury Common
Day event followed by night event
Sat 16th Nov 2013
Info updated: 27th Nov
Type of event: Local-(D), Night
Type of terrain: Parkland
51.44 Moira Glen W50
62.24 Damien Doyle M18 Bicton College
96.40 David Hedges M60
GREEN COURSE (NB Amendment 21.11.13 to approximate time and position for Jonty Eaton-Hart)
18.19 Ben Chesters M21
36.01 Pete Maliphant M55
37.50 Jonty Eaton-Hart M14 Colyton Grammar School
44.10 Ellie Stone W18 Woodruffe
48.56 Robin Carter W50
51.03 Guy Balmer M40
54.53 Phil Tadd M60
59.37 Emily Keenan W16 Sidmouth College
62.12 John Chesters M60
69.15 Sarah Tadd W50
81.08 Hugh Crawford M55
RETD Tess Stone W45
29.10 Alan Knight M50
35.16 Barbara Keenan W45
47.09 Will Stokes M14 Colyton Grammar School
48.50 Dominic Walker M14 Kings School
50.07 Don + Deb M50 + W45
58.15 Philippa Bushell W50
62.57 Ruth Plumer W14 Colyton Grammar School
64.30 Moira Glen W50
78.13 Hattie Ajderian W55
104.20 Noah Bodley-Scott Colyton Grammar School
26.08 Jack Elson M14 Kings School
33.08 Meg Somers W12 Kings School
36.42 Dominic Walker M14 Kings School
37.18 Mary Conway W14 Colyton Grammar School
67.50 Izzy Wright W13 Sidmouth College
72.00 Paul Wright
72.45 Eleanor Duckworth W21
72.45 Ruth Carter W45
47.42 Ben Andow Tipton St John yr4
48.15 Sophie Andow Tipton St John yr6
48.15 Anna Andow Tipton St John
56.47 Archie McGrath M8 Lympstone Primary
91.25 Luke Wlasak Yr3
32.36 Ryley Gething M6 Ottery Primary
32.49 Millie Gething W8 Ottery Primary
35.47 Harriet Keenan W6 Sidmouth Primary
36.00 Rose Ashby W6 Sidmouth Primary
36.26 Archie McGrath M8 Lympstone Primary
54.15 Garath Milton
41.08 Robin Carter W50
45.20 James Jackson M40
110.30 Dan Graves Colyton Grammar School missed no. 9
42.00 Grey Grierson M16 Kings School
44.17 Alan Knight M50
57.27 Alan Haylock
66.44 James Nicholson M16 Colyton Grammar School missed no.3
Retd. Nick Aiderian M50
LIGHT GREEN COURSE
21.05 Ben Chesters M21
55.53 John Chesters M60
66.10 Matt Atkins M40
No finish time recorded Adrian Taylor M55
Retd. Paul Goff M40
38.40 Lorraine Croome W45
38.58 Dulcie Grierson W14 Kings School
19.27 Flurry Grierson M12 Kings School
Pre Event Information
A beautiful winter's day with another good turnout. Plenty of club orienteers mixed in with juniors and a few new faces. I hope those new to orienteering try out the league events on the Devon club website.
Thankyou to Adrian for planning some great courses and the night events went down very well with orienteers and Hashers alike. Thanks to all my many helpers and a big thankyou to Roger Green for controlling this event. See you all at the next event.
Nearest town: Uphams Plantation, Woodbury Common
Directions / Parking
Uphams car park, Woodbury Common. Overspill Four Firs car park
Registration & Start Times
Day event starts 14.00 until 15.30 closes 16.45
Night event starts 17.45 until 19.00 closes 20.00
White , yellow , orange , light green , green , and red for runners .
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
On day only. £1.50 juniors. £3 seniors
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Tim Gent 07735541751
Planner: Adrian Taylor
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event. If you wish to report any safeguarding concerns to our national governing organisation, British Orienteering, please email .
Photography: Devon OC has an agreed policy on the taking of photographs at events, based on national guidance. This provides a sensible balance between the benefits and risks associated with the taking and use of images. If you are unsure about acceptable practice, please speak to the event organiser.
Read our photography policy.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.