MapRunAll free to download and run!
MapRuns can be done in your own time. There are score courses and line courses to choose from. Simply download the MapRun app onto a smartphone, print a copy of the map and go and have a run!
Safety guidance for all individual Mapruns: See below
User Guide: MapRun User Guide V3 PDF All Devon's MapRun courses can be found on the app by tapping 'Select Event > 'UK' > 'Devon'. You then have a range of folders to choose from.
Maprun6: We now recommend all users download the latest app, which is Maprun6. It can be found here: maprunners.weebly.com/maprun6
A list of available maps and further details can be found below.
Summer Dartmoor MapRun Series 2023
All these Maprun courses will remain available until the next bird nesting season. Go to the Maprun app for the course or the link below for copies of the maps and course details:
Permanent MapRun Courses
The MapRuns available are in the process of being updated. In the meantime the best option to see what is available is to open the MapRun app on your phone an go to Events -UK- Devon.
You can also visit the maprun.uk website and see a map with all the public MapRuns currently available, including links to results and RouteGadget for each course.
Ground Nesting Birds
In order to protect ground nesting birds some mapruns will be unavailable between 1st March and 31st July each year.
General safety guidance for individual Mapruns:
- Individual Mapruns are run at your own risk
- Each runner should make their own assessment of risks in the Maprun area, including terrain and weather, and how those risks are best managed
- Be aware of risks associated with traffic, cyclists and pedestrians, and act sensibly
- Under 16’s should be accompanied or appropriately supervised, particularly where there are risks associated with traffic.
- Current social distancing guidance and other measures to limit risks associated with coronavirus should be followed.
In moreremote areas, visit the venue with at least one other "buddy" who knows the area you are in, when you leave for your run and when you are expected back. Alternatively let someone know your plans and alert them when you are back. Carry a whistle in addition to your phone.
On Dartmoor, if the weather is poor then think twice about going out. This applies, in particular, to the colder, darker times of the year.
List of MapRuns
The links below that are still working are to the PDF's of the map.
The Mapruns in the first section below are are available on a continuing basis and can be found in the "Permanent MapRun Courses" folder within the App. (Go to Events -UK- Devon- Permanent MapRun Courses).
- Ashburton Maprun: maprun ashburton
- Bishopsteignton Maprun: maprun-bishopsteignton
- Budleigh Salterton Maprun: maprun-budleigh
- Cranbrook Maprun: maprun-cranbrook
- Dawlish Maprun: maprun-dawlish
- Exeter City Centre Maprun: maprun-exeter-city-centre
- Exeter Heavitree Maprun: maprun-exeter-heavitree
- Exeter Polsloe and Mincinglake: maprun-exeter-polsloe
- Exeter St Leonards Maprun: maprun-exeter-st-leonards
- Exminster Maprun: maprun-exminster
- Exmouth Maprun: maprun-exmouth
- Kingsteignton Maprun: /maprun-kingsteignton
- Ottery St Mary Maprun: maprun-ottery
- Teignmouth Maprun: maprun-teignmouth
- Topsham Maprun: maprun-topsham
- Torquay Shiphay Maprun (Long): maprun-torquay-shiphay-long
- Torquay Shiphay Maprun (Short): maprun-torquay-shiphay-short
- Totnes Maprun: maprun-totnes
MapRun details for use at Haldon's Permanent Orienteering Course can be found in the Devon POCs folder. (Go to Events -UK- Devon- Devon POCs):
- Haldon Forest Park, Nr Exeter Maprun: Haldon Forest Park
Maprun details for the following Dartmoor areas can be found in the Dartmoor Summer Series 21 folder:
- Golden Dagger Maprun: Golden Dagger
- Haytor Maprun: Haytor
- Hound Tor Maprun:Hound-Tor-Long
- Hound Tor Maprun:Hound -Tor -Orange
- Hound Tor Maprun: Hound-Tor-Short
- South Hessary Maprun: South Hessary