All free to download and run!
MapRuns can all be done in your own time. There are score courses and line courses to choose from. Simply download the MapRunF app onto a smartphone, print a copy of the map and go and have a run!
Safety guidance for all individual Mapruns: See below
User Guide: MapRun User Guide V2 All Devon's MapRun courses can be found on the app by tapping 'Select Event > 'UK' > 'Devon'.
MaprunF: We now recommend all users download the latest Maprun app, which is MaprunF It can be found here: http://maprunners.weebly.com/maprunf.html
A list of all available maps and further details can be found below:
Bishopsteignton Maprun: maprun-bishopsteignton
Cranbrook Maprun: maprun-cranbrook
Dawlish Maprun: maprun-dawlish
Exeter Heavitree Maprun: maprun-exeter-heavitree
Exeter Polsloe and Mincinglake: maprun-exeter-polsloe
Exeter St Leonards Maprun: maprun-exeter-st-leonards
Exminster Maprun: maprun-exminster
Golden Dagger Maprun: maprun-golden-dagger
Haldon Forest Park, Nr Exeter Maprun: maprun-haldon-forest-park
Haytor Maprun: maprun-haytor
Holne Moor Maprun: maprun-holne-moor
South Hessary Maprun: maprun-south-hessary-dartmoor
Teignmouth Maprun: maprun-teignmouth
Torquay Shiphay Maprun (Long): maprun-torquay-shiphay-long
Torquay Shiphay Maprun (Short): maprun-torquay-shiphay-short
Totnes Maprun: maprun-totnes
Whitchurch Common Maprun: maprun-whitchurch-common
Woodbury Common: maprun-woodbury-common
Woodbury Common (Trial): maprun-woodbury-common-trial-line-course
General safety guidance for individual Mapruns:
- Individual Mapruns are run at your own risk
- Each runner should make their own assessment of risks in the Maprun area, including terrain and weather, and how those risks are best managed
- Be aware of risks associated with traffic, cyclists and pedestrians, and act sensibly
- Under 16’s should be accompanied or appropriately supervised, particularly where there are risks associated with traffic.
- Current social distancing guidance and other measures to limit risks associated with coronavirus should be followed.
In more remote areas, visit the venue with at least one other "buddy" who knows the area you are in, when you leave for your run and when you are expected back. Alternatively let someone know your plans and alert them when you are back. Carry a whistle in addition to your phone.
On Dartmoor, if the weather is poor then think twice about going out. This applies, in particular, to the colder, darker times of the year.
Click the image for a larger version.