Sunday 30th August 9.00am onwards
The last of our Summer run outs is aimed at experienced Orienteers out on the Moor. It is not suitable for novices due to the exposed nature of the area. The closest thing to Real Orienteering at the moment! A lot easier than Holne Moor!
There will be four courses as detailed below, courtesy of Chris Perry.
Steve P. will be there from 9.00 a.m. through to 12.30 p.m. so you can spread out your arrival to suit or even bring up a packed lunch!
Information Flyer: Whitchurch MapRun Meet.
MapRun User Guide:User Guide V2
MapRunF: Note that we now recommnend users download the MaprunF app, which supercedes the previous Maprun app. http://maprunners.weebly.com/maprunf.html
We are using the large Car Park on the B3357 4Km East of Tavistock PL19 9LQ MR SX531751
We can bring along printed maps for anyone who is unable to print off their own from the links.below. If you haven't tried MapRun before we can also give you a few tips to get you started and more details about the system are on the website.
Please email us: if you are going to come along or need a map.
Short Green 3.2 Km 13 controls
Green 5.5 km 18 Controls
Blue 6.2 Km 20 controls
Brown 7.9 KM 28 Controls
Note ; Short Green Control descriptions are separate and not on the map.
N.B. This is not a formal BOF registered activity but under government guidelines we are allowed to meet up and participate in small groups as long as social distancing rules are adhered to.
Happy Map Running and hopefully we will see many of you on Sunday!
As with all our MapRun courses you are free to run these courses whenever you like, as many times as you like. MapRun produces a set of results so you are able to compare your time and route with others.
General safety guidance for all individual Mapruns:
- Individual Mapruns are run at your own risk
- Each runner should make their own assessment of risks in the Maprun area, including terrain and weather, and how those risks are best managed
- Be aware of risks associated with traffic, cyclists and pedestrians, and act sensibly
- Under 16’s should be accompanied or appropriately supervised, particularly where there are risks associated with traffic. (NB. The above Holne Moor courses are not suitable for novices.)
- Current social distancing guidance and other measures to limit risks associated with coronavirus should be followed.
- In more remote areas, consider the need to let someone know where you are going and alerting them when you are back.
Click the image for a larger version.