This Maprun was originally set up in early 2020, as an early trial. It is now available for wider use.
It is a simple line course of 14 controls: Woodbury MapRun Trial
In the MaprunF App, this maprun can be found in the "Archive 2020" folder.
For directions see below.
This Maprun is based on the Four Firs car park, GR SY 031863.
User Guide: MapRun User Guide V2 All Devon's MapRun courses can be found on the app by tapping 'Select Event > 'UK' > 'Devon'.
MaprunF: We now recommend all users download the latest Maprun app, which is MaprunF It can be found here:http://maprunners.weebly.com/maprunf.html
General safety guidance for individual Mapruns:
- Individual Mapruns are run at your own risk
- Each runner should make their own assessment of risks in the Maprun area, including terrain and weather, and how those risks are best managed
- Be aware of risks associated with traffic, cyclists and pedestrians, and act sensibly
- Under 16’s should be accompanied or appropriately supervised, particularly where there are risks associated with traffic.
- Current social distancing guidance and other measures to limit risks associated with coronavirus should be followed.
- In more remote areas, visit the venue with at least one other "buddy" who knows the area you are in, when you leave for your run and when you are expected back. Alternatively let someone know your plans and alert them when you are back. Carry a whistle in addition to your phone.
- On Dartmoor, if the weather is poor then think twice about going out. This applies, in particular, to the colder, darker times of the year.
Click the image for a larger version.