All ages, all abilities, all welcome!
Details about the different types of membership and how to join:
Senior - Adults aged 21 or over
Junior - Below the age of 21
Contact - Members of other British Orienteering affiliated clubs
How to Renew Membership (Existing Members)
To renew your membership of Devon Orienteering Club instructions can be found at:
How to Join (New Members)
See the details at the foot of this page
Benefits of Membership
Benefits of becoming a member of Devon Orienteering Club
(excludes contact members):
- Regular email via MailChimp covering forthcoming events and news
- Opportunity to represent Devon Orienteering Club in regional and national competitions
- SWOA newsletters (as published)
- Opportunity to attend training sessions organised by the club
- Free entry for Juniors to the Yvette Baker competition
- Vote at the club AGM
And all members have the opportunity to:
- Participate in Devon orienteering events and activities on a regular basis and
- Influence the development of the club and the sport of orienteering in Devon.
Benefits of becoming a Member of British Orienteering:
Note all Devon OC members must become members of British Orienteering to ensure that they have insurance cover whilst competing or helping at an event.
You can access discounts from our partners as shown on the BOF website
You can sign up for a range of e-newsletters about various orienteering matters
You will be eligible to compete in a range of National competitions
You will be eligible to compete in the UK Orienteering League
You will be able to apply for awards under our Badge Scheme
Access to a ‘Navigational Challenge’ and ‘Racing Challenge’ Incentive Scheme
Public Liability Insurance when participating in events and activities registered with British Orienteering
Papers and vote at the British Orienteering AGM
Access to a "members only" section of the website
Benefits of becoming a Contact Member of Devon Orienteering Club:
- Contact Members will be placed on Devon OC mailing lists and Mailchimp
All members need to join British Orienteering, the South West Orienteering Association (SWOA) and a club, e.g. Devon Orienteering Club. Membership of SWOA is free and is automatic for all members of Devon Orienteering Club:
* Contact membership is only available to those who are already a member of a BOF-affiliated club.
New members joining after 1st November 2018 get membership up to 31st December 2019.
How to Join (New Members)
To join Devon Orienteering Club either:
Follow this link British Orienteering Join (New Members)
and follow the instructions to join online
Download and print the BOF Membership Form 2019 fill it in and return (with a cheque payable to British Orienteering) to: British Orienteering, 8a Stancliffe House, Whitworth Road, Darley Dale, Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 2HJ
For more help contact Matt Atkins, the club's Membership Secretary on 01392 277516.